Special Thoughts - Climbing the IEP Mountain ... Five Steps at a Time


As someone who was buried alive in a rockslide on a grade six field trip (true story!) I can well imagine and appreciate the sense of being crushed under a mountain that Core French Teachers must feel when they face their stack of IEPs. For those with limited special ed background attempting to climb up (or dig out of) that mountain must seem like an insurmountable challenge. In order for Paul and I to fill in our life-saving one-page special ed profiles for each class (you can find our template here), we had to read a lot of IEPs. We noticed that we were flipping to five key spots to find the information that impacts an FSL teacher. To help out other mountain climbers, we created a "5 Step IEP Reading for Core French Teachers" sheet to add to our Strengthening Our Core Toolkit.

Things I'm Grateful For
I’m grateful that our Board moved to Google so collaborating and sharing with colleagues is so easy!

Things I'm Wondering About
I wonder how other SERT and FSL teachers are collaborating on writing (and reading!) IEPs?


Lisa 


Comments